Shun Classic 6 in. Boning & Fillet Knife DM0743
Accessories/Shun Classic SHU BON6 Model:SHU-BON6SHU-BON6 Shun Shun Classic 6 in. Boning & Fillet Knife DM0743 US$91 NewCondition InStock
For boning, the narrow, sharp, curved blade gets in close to the bone, making it easy to separate meat from bone. Even fibrous tissue is no match for Shun's extremely sharp edge. It's perfect for trimming the silver skin from a tenderloin or roast or even making your own cutlets. The narrow blade reduces the drag as you cut against the meat, so cutting is fast and easy. When it comes to filleting fish, the blade's six-inch length is just right to glide through the body of the fish, quickly removing bones and skin.
- Curved, rigid blade gets in close and offers controlled cutting
- Proprietary VG-MAX cutting core is wear and corrosion resistant, strong, and very fine-grained to enable a razor-sharp, long-lasting 16° edge
- 34 layers of stainless Damascus cladding each side (68 total); support the core, add stain resistance, and help food release from the blade
- D-shaped ebony PakkaWood® handles are comfortable for both left- and right-handed users; durable, beautiful, and won't harbor bacteria
- Full composite tang for light weight and perfect balance
- Handcrafted in Japan
Key Features + Details:
- Use for BBQ, Boning & Fillet
- BBQ, Boning & Fillet Blade Shape
- 6 in. (152mm) Blade Length
- VG–MAX Blade Steel
- 69 layer Damascus Blade Steel
- Non-Serrated Blade Edge
- Ebony color PakkaWood® Handle Material
“Shun” (shoon) is a concept at the very heart of Japanese cuisine. In Japanese, shun is the word used to describe local, seasonal food when it is at the peak of its flavor and freshness—at the peak of its perfection.
Shun Cutlery is known for its exquisite beauty and ultra-premium performance. Yet as beautiful as Shun is on the outside, and as beautifully as it performs in your kitchen, its true beauty may be in what you don’t see.