Shun Classic 6 in. Utility Knife DM0701
Accessories/Shun Classic SHU CLASSIC6KNF Model:SHU-CLASSIC6KNFSHU-CLASSIC6KNF Shun Shun Classic 6 in. Utility Knife DM0701 US$66 NewCondition InStock
In size, the Shun Classic 6-in. Utility Knife is between a chef's knife and a paring knife, but its blade is narrower and straighter. It's perfect for a multitude of small tasks where more precise cuts are needed, such as trimming broccoli, green beans, or other smaller vegetables. Others like its smaller size as an alternative to the chef's knife. Utility knives are sometimes called sandwich knives because they work well on almost everything that goes into a sandwich—from thin-skinned vegetables such as tomatoes, to meats and cheeses.
- A multipurpose knife between a chef's knife and a paring knife in size
- Proprietary VG-MAX cutting core is wear and corrosion resistant, strong, and very fine-grained to enable a razor-sharp, long-lasting 16° edge
- 34 layers of stainless Damascus cladding each side (68 total); support the core, add stain resistance, and help food release from the blade
- D-shaped ebony PakkaWood® handles are comfortable for both left- and right-handed users; durable, beautiful, and won't harbor bacteria
- Full composite tang for light weight and perfect balance
- Handcrafted in Japan
Key Features + Details:
- Use for Slicing, Cheese & Charcuterie
- Utility Blade Shape
- 6 in. (152mm) Blade Length
- VG–MAX Blade Steel
- 69 layer Damascus Blade Steel
- Non-Serrated Blade Edge
- Ebony color PakkaWood® Handle
“Shun” (shoon) is a concept at the very heart of Japanese cuisine. In Japanese, shun is the word used to describe local, seasonal food when it is at the peak of its flavor and freshness—at the peak of its perfection.
Shun Cutlery is known for its exquisite beauty and ultra-premium performance. Yet as beautiful as Shun is on the outside, and as beautifully as it performs in your kitchen, its true beauty may be in what you don’t see.