Impressive image quality. Stunning videos. A camera that's slim and comfortable. The PowerShot G9 X camera is all this and more, featuring a 20.2 Megapixel*, 1.0-inch High-Sensitivity CMOS sensor, Canon's powerful DIGIC 6 Image Processor and a fast, f/2.0–4.9 lens that helps you capture inspiring images – even in low light – with detail and color to match. Whether you carry it in your hand, a bag or inside a pocket, the PowerShot G9 X can accompany you anywhere you go. Subjects in the distance become closer with a 3x Optical Zoom lens (28–84mm equivalent). Movement can be captured in stunning Full HD video, or frozen in beautiful increments with up to 6.0 fps continuous shooting. Should you find yourself gazing at the stars, switch into Star Mode and admire the view.
1.0-inch, 20.2 Megapixel* High-Sensitivity CMOS Sensor
At 1.0 inch, the image sensor on the PowerShot G9 X camera is larger than the ones on most other compact cameras. This allows it to capture a greater range of light, so bright areas of the image, like clouds on a sunny day, can be more detailed and less likely to be washed or blown out. With low-light scenes, like when you're indoors or outside at night, an ISO range of 125–12800 lets you use fast shutter speeds to help keep photos sharp and virtually unaffected by camera shake. The 20.2 Megapixel* resolution is outstandingly high, giving you the option of printing out bigger photos or cropping in to highlight the best part.
Canon DIGIC 6 Image Processor
The PowerShot G9 X camera is powered by the latest iteration of Canon's proprietary processor, the DIGIC 6 Image Processor, which takes still and video image quality to a beautiful level. Improved light sensitivity allows for higher resolution with less noise when shooting in dark conditions, and Dynamic IS now detects and compensates for tilt and parallel movement (shift blur) to create video that's exceptionally free of distortion. The DIGIC 6 Image Processor also enhances the performance capabilities of the PowerShot G9 X, powering full-resolution high-speed continuous still shooting (even in P, Av, Tv and M modes) and the advanced star shooting modes. The processor allows for MP4 video recording for better compatibility with mobile devices and tablets. The processor also supports an MF Peaking function, giving you a pro-level focusing tool.
Canon HS SYSTEM
The Canon HS SYSTEM lets you take bright, clear photos as they happen. Beautiful low-light shots are possible with minimal noise and truly impressive detail in both highlight and shadow areas. The system is the result of two technologies in the PowerShot G9 X camera: the large format 1.0-inch High-Sensitivity CMOS sensor, which captures more light; and the DIGIC 6 Image Processor, which actively reduces noise at high ISO speeds up to 12800 and processes images at high speed, even at full resolution.
Still Image Shooting
|Normal IS||Corrects for a wide range of camera movement when shooting stills.|
|Panning IS||Panning motion is detected so that IS does not interfere with desired camera movement.|
|Macro (Hybrid) IS||Corrects for shift-type camera shake, which typically occurs in macro (close-up) shooting.|
|Tripod||When tripod use is detected, the Image Stabilizer is stopped because it is not needed.|
|Dynamic IS||Effective for video shooting at wide-angle focal lengths, eliminating the unwanted shaking that typically occurs while walking.|
|Powered IS||Compensates for hand movement when shooting video at the telephoto end of the zoom range, where camera shake is magnified.|
|Macro (Hybrid) IS||Corrects for motion blur that is likely to occur when shooting video while walking. Also compensates for the shift-type camera shake common in macro shooting.|
|Active Tripod IS||When shooting video while using a tripod, the Image Stabilizer is active to compensate for slight camera shake.|
- 1.0-inch, 20.2 Megapixel* High-Sensitivity CMOS sensor combined with Canon's powerful DIGIC 6 Image Processor creates the Canon HS SYSTEM for outstanding low-light performance up to ISO 12800, enhanced image quality and fast operation
- Ultra-slim, lightweight and pocket-size camera with intuitive LCD touch panel that has an improved user interface, which allows for quick and easy setting changes even while taking a picture
- Capture stunning 1080p Full HD video (60p/30p/24p options) for lifelike images and convenient playback on an HDTV via the HDMI output. Record at up to 60 frames per second for even more detailed, superb results in MP4 format
- Easily transfer images and videos to a compatible smartphone, tablet or Canon Connect Station CS100 device with built-in Wi-Fi and NFC capability, and share on social networking sites or view on an HDTV
- Continuous shooting speeds of up to 6.0 fps helps capture dynamic movements of fast moving subjects
- Shoot breathtaking images and video of the stars with Star Mode designed to better capture the brilliance and wonder of the night sky
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.