Some cooks simply prefer a longer chef's knife. For them, the Shun Classic 10-inch Chef's Knife is the perfect choice. The longer blade provides additional cutting leverage and is especially handy when it comes to cutting larger foods. That said, it is an all-purpose blade ideal for a wide variety of cutting tasks—slicing, dicing, and chopping just about anything in the kitchen. The longer blade also enables you to cut more product with fewer strokes—for example, cutting several carrots at once instead of just one. This is especially important for the productivity of commercial kitchens. Even though this is a larger knife, Shun Classic's thinner blades makes it lighter and less tiring to use than comparable European-style Chef's knives.
- The right choice for those who prefer a slightly longer chef's knife
- Proprietary VG-MAX cutting core is wear and corrosion resistant, strong, and very fine-grained to enable a razor-sharp, long-lasting 16° edge
- 34 layers of stainless Damascus cladding each side (68 total); support the core, add stain resistance, and help food release from the blade
- D-shaped ebony PakkaWood® handles are comfortable for both left- and right-handed users; durable, beautiful, and won't harbor bacteria
- Full composite tang for light weight and perfect balance
- Handcrafted in Japan
Key Features + Details:
- Use for Slicing, BBQ, Vegetable & Fruit
- Chef Blade Shape
- 10 in. (254mm) Blade Length
- VG–MAX Blade Steel
- 69 layer Damascus Blade Steel
- Non-Serrated Blade Edge
- Ebony color PakkaWood® Handle
“Shun” (shoon) is a concept at the very heart of Japanese cuisine. In Japanese, shun is the word used to describe local, seasonal food when it is at the peak of its flavor and freshness—at the peak of its perfection.
Shun Cutlery is known for its exquisite beauty and ultra-premium performance. Yet as beautiful as Shun is on the outside, and as beautifully as it performs in your kitchen, its true beauty may be in what you don’t see.