Paring knives come in a variety of lengths. This 4-in. Shun Classic Paring Knife is perfect for any paring task—as well as chopping small foods, such as garlic cloves or ginger, against a cutting board. The extra length of this knife makes it easy to peel and trim even larger fruits and vegetables, such as extra-large potatoes or apples. The Shun Classic Paring Knife is quite simply a kitchen essential.
- A larger paring knife preferred by some cooks
- Proprietary VG-MAX cutting core is wear and corrosion resistant, strong, and very fine-grained to enable a razor-sharp, long-lasting 16° edge
- 34 layers of stainless Damascus cladding each side (68 total); support the core, add stain resistance, and help food release from the blade
- D-shaped ebony PakkaWood® handles are comfortable for both left- and right-handed users; durable, beautiful, and won't harbor bacteria
- Full composite tang for light weight and perfect balance
- Handcrafted in Japan
Key Features + Details:
- Use for Peeling & Paring, Vegetable & Fruit
- Paring Blade Shape
- 4 in. (102mm) Blade Length
- VG–MAX Blade Steel
- 69 layer Damascus Blade Steel
- Non-Serrated Blade Edge
- Ebony color PakkaWood® Handle
“Shun” (shoon) is a concept at the very heart of Japanese cuisine. In Japanese, shun is the word used to describe local, seasonal food when it is at the peak of its flavor and freshness—at the peak of its perfection.
Shun Cutlery is known for its exquisite beauty and ultra-premium performance. Yet as beautiful as Shun is on the outside, and as beautifully as it performs in your kitchen, its true beauty may be in what you don’t see.