The Shun Classic Vegetable Cleaver, sometimes known as a Chinese cleaver, is a large squared knife with a very wide blade. Every part of it can be put to use. The edge is used to chop vegetables, especially larger ones such as cabbage, which are frequently a part of Chinese cuisine. Yet many cooks find their cleaver nimble enough for almost every kind of chopping and slicing. The flat of the blade makes a great tool for smashing garlic cloves. The Shun Classic Vegetable Cleaver feels solid, but Shun's thinner blade makes it easy to handle so food preparation is a pleasure. But be sure not to use the Shun Classic Vegetable Cleaver on joints, bones, or meat. The Meat Cleaver is made for that.
- Perfect for chopping and slicing vegetables—a favorite of many professional chefs
- Proprietary VG-MAX cutting core is wear and corrosion resistant, strong, and very fine-grained to enable a razor-sharp, long-lasting 16° edge
- 34 layers of stainless Damascus cladding each side (68 total); support the core, add stain resistance, and help food release from the blade
- D-shaped ebony PakkaWood® handles are comfortable for both left- and right-handed users; durable, beautiful, and won't harbor bacteria
- Full composite tang for light weight and perfect balance
- Handcrafted in Japan
Key Features + Details:
- Use for Vegetable & Fruit
- Cleaver Blade Shape
- 7 in. (178mm) Blade Length
- VG–MAX Blade Steel
- 69 layer Damascus Blade Steel
- Non-Serrated Blade Edge
- Ebony color PakkaWood® Handle
“Shun” (shoon) is a concept at the very heart of Japanese cuisine. In Japanese, shun is the word used to describe local, seasonal food when it is at the peak of its flavor and freshness—at the peak of its perfection.
Shun Cutlery is known for its exquisite beauty and ultra-premium performance. Yet as beautiful as Shun is on the outside, and as beautifully as it performs in your kitchen, its true beauty may be in what you don’t see.