Wüsthof Classic Ikon knives feature a distinctive, double bolster design for professional-style heft, exceptional balance and beauty. The handle is made of a highly durable synthetic material – Polyoxymethylene (POM) – which has a tighter molecular structure to resist fading and discoloration. The elegant shape of the handle is designed for a comfortable grip.
This Two Piece Prep Set includes a 3 1/2" Paring Knife and a 6" Cook's Knife. Forged from a single block of High Carbon Stainless Steel and tempered to 58-degree HRC, the Precision Edge Technology (PEtec) yields a blade that is 20% sharper with twice the edge retention than previous models.
The CLASSIC IKON 6" Cook’s Knife is the workhorse of the kitchen, or the essential kitchen knife. The cook’s knife is an indispensable all-purpose kitchen knife that can be used for chopping, mincing, slicing and dicing. Due to the weight and balance of the knife, it is also perfect for heavy duty work such as cutting thicker vegetables and meats.
The CLASSIC IKON 3 1/2" Paring Knife is the second most important knife to have in the kitchen. The small narrow blade tapers to a point at the tip and is easy to handle making it the perfect knife to trim and slice and peel small produce such as garlic cloves and herbs.
- Precision-forged from a single blank of high carbon stainless steel
- Full tang that is triple riveted to the handle for precise control
- Precision Edge Technology (PEtec) yields a blade that is 20% sharper with twice the edge retention.
- Tempered to 58⁰ Rockwell
- The half bolster allows for the knife to be honed and sharpened the entire length of the blade and the heel bolster provides added balance.
- Contoured handle for comfortable fit and a more contemporary appearance.
Family owned for seven generations, Wüsthof was founded in Solingen, Germany over 200 years ago. Long renowned as “The City of Blades,” Solingen has earned the reputation for crafting fine cutlery generation after generation. Located in Western Germany near the banks of the Wupper River, Solingen has been home to master blacksmiths for over 2,000 years. To this day, Wüsthof continues to call the picturesque city of Solingen its home, and proudly marks each blade as “Made in Solingen.”